Preparing for Ramadan
Ramadan 2017 AD / 1438 AH
In Shaa Allah, there will be 1st Taraweeh on Friday 26th May and 1st of Ramadan will be on Saturday 27th May 2017.
Taraweh Prayers will start on Friday 26th May 2017. Taraweeh prayers will start straight after Isha prayer. (Isha prayer is at 10.45 pm)
Virtues of Ramadan – the month of rewards – are known to most Muslims.
The biggest of all is that Allah has said that fasting is for Him and He will reward it. He said, as reported in a Hadith Qudsee:
“…except for fasting which is only for My sake, and I will reward him for it.” [Al-Bukhaari, al-Fat’h, no. 1904; Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/407.]1
Among the many virtues of Ramadan, following are some of them:
- Forgiveness of sins (sins that potentially are blocking Allah’s blessings in our lives)
- Gates of heaven are opened (showing Allah’s bountiful blessings)
- Gates of hell are closed (showing Allah’s mercy)
- Devils are chained up (making it easier for Muslims to get closer to Allah)
- It has a blessed night which is better than 1000 months (83 years and 4 months)
- Quran recitation provides an opportunity of great rewards in this life and the hereafter (besides training one to recite Quran regularly during the rest of the year.)
The following are the Quran verses, prophetic sayings, and scholarly wisdom on the virtues of the month of Ramadan.
“When Ramadan begins, the gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of Hell are closed, and the devils are put in chains.” [Reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fat’h, no. 3277.]
“Whoever fasts Ramadan out of faith and with the hope of (Allah’s) reward, all his previous sins will be forgiven.” [Reported by al-Bukhaari ]